August 19, 2009

Beautiful Bulgaria

I spent a week in Bulgaria and it was quite possibly one of the best trips I've ever taken! The country seems to have everything: plenty of history, mountains, green space, the beach...and amazing food!

I spent the first couple nights in Plovdiv, which is the 2nd largest city in Bulgaria and my friend Nikolay's hometown. We went to see an ancient Roman theater that was built in the 2nd Century A.D. and a monastery founded in A.D. 1083...both are up in the mountains which provided incredible views!

Then we spent few nights at a resort at Sunny Beach on the Black Sea. I dont need to say just how gorgeous it was, but I will anyways...it was GORGEOUS! We also spent a day at Irakli Beach, which is a nature reserve. It was really nice to see an area that was untouched by all of the new developments/resorts. We also went to the ancient town of Nessebar on a peninsula, and you'd have to see it to believe it. I felt like I was on a movie set. Unfortunately we went at night, so I didnt get that many great pictures.

I made a slide show with some of the pictures from my trip- you can click on the link under the show to view all of the images :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We think your pics are just super sensational, except photos of Ange are sorely lacking. Tantos and A.

Anonymous said...

wowzers, not 2 shabby! luv ur suit by the way!
mammy

Anonymous said...

love left!
any updates or r u studying?
bussi, m