June 13, 2009

Amsterdam







When the girls told me they wanted to begin their Eurotrip in Amsterdam, I was slightly hesitant about joining them there. I've never had a strong desire to visit the city (the whole "smoke and sex" scene isnt really my thing), but I decided it'd be really great to start their trip with them.

The weekend was a lot of fun, but that was mainly do to the company and not the city itself. Maybe I'm spoiled because Vienna is so gorgeous, but I definitely think Amsterdam is "blah" in terms of sights. There are some great things (the canals, museums, the Dam, etc...) but nothing that took my breath away. However, what Amsterdam lacks in beauty, the people more than make up for it! I found the city to have a really great vibe...lots of friendly, artsy, hip people, with a bunch of crazy characters mixed in, and that's just the way I like it ;)

3 comments:

Luke said...

Looks like you had an awesome time! 4 beautiful woman touring that city could be trouble though if you know what I mean hehe. Glad you had fun. Wish I could have joined your posse you know I would have loved me some Amsterdam :)

Luke

Anonymous said...

tante adelheid would have enjoyed rapping w. u about her native land!
bussi, m

Lulu said...

Lol!!! Anonymous.....