March 2, 2009

Dublin, Ireland

I spent two nights in Dublin and it was everything I was hoping for. My desire to visit Ireland actually came from watching an Irish movie called "Once" over Christmas break (thanks to Amphy) and I wanted to experience it for myself!

Here is the song with clips from the movie that made me fall in love with Dublin:


I arrived on Wednesday night, met my travel buddy at the airport and we headed for our hostel. This was my first hostel experience, so I was prepared for the worst. It turned out to be clean and very nice (although comparing the room size to that of a closet would be generous).
Photobucket
After dropping off our bags, we went to Temple Bar and commenced the Irish beer tasting I'd been looking forward to for weeks.
Photobucket
Photobucket

The next day we woke up early and explored the city by foot. We saw St. Patrick's Cathedral, the Guinness brewery, the old Jameson distillery (where I was selected to participate in a whiskey tasting experiment...4 shots of whiskey before noon...WOW...the Irish dont mess around), the Ha'penny bridge, Dublin castle etc.

St. Patrick's
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Government building:
Photobucket
Guinness brewery:
Photobucket
Jameson distillery:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Castle:
Photobucket
Ha'Penny Bridge and other shots of the city:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 comments: